This e-course provides “everything you need to know” about the basics of climate change. It is divided into six modules, each taking an average of 2 hours to complete. Each has 4 to 5 learning objectives. A short quiz at the end of each module allows you to verify if you have achieved these learning objectives. You have three attempts to try each quiz.
What you will learn
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of climate change science.
- Present the international climate change legal and policy framework and explain key issues under negotiation.
- Describe the expected consequences of climate change and the role of adaptation.
- Provide a rationale for climate change mitigation and propose actions in key sectors.
- Identify main streams of climate change finance.
- Outline basic elements of planning processes to deliver climate change action.
- Analyse principal challenges and opportunities for climate change action.
The course at a glance
The course is structured around six basic modules:
- Climate Change Science
- International Legal and Policy Framework for Climate Change
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Climate Change Mitigation
- Climate Change Finance
- Planning for Climate Change
Once all 6 modules are completed with above 70% of passing scores individually, you will receive a certificate of completion. Your certificate will be automatically available on the ‘achievement’ section under the course page. You can decide to take all modules or choose to select those that most interest you.