This course provides an introduction to the health challenges, as well as the opportunities, that can by associated to climate change. It includes one module divided into 3 sections, and takes around 2 hours to complete.
What you will learn
After completing this specialized module, you will be able to:
- Explain how weather, climate variability and climate change can affect human health.
- Describe the health benefits of mitigation and adaptation policies and measures in health and related sectors.
- Identify a variety of tools to assess and integrate health within climate change policies and strategies, and integrate climate change within health policies and strategies.
- Provide examples of how countries are responding to the health challenges posed by climate change, including taking advantage of the opportunities.
Course at a glance
This specialized module has three sections:
- Climate Change and Human Health
- Adaptation: Building Health Systems’ Resilience to Climate Change
- The Mutual Benefits of Climate Change Mitigation and Health Policies
Once the quiz is completed with above 70% of passing scores, you will receive a certificate of completion from WHO and UNITAR. You have three attempts to try the quiz.
Partners and Contributors
The module has been developed and peer-reviewed through UN CC:Learn, with technical leadership provided by the World Health Organization (WHO).