The following terms referred to in this Agreement shall have the following meanings:
- Donor: anyone who makes a Donation to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat through the UN CC: Learn websites.
- Donation: a financial contribution made on a voluntary basis.
- UN CC:Learn: A collaborative initiative involving more than 30 multilateral organizations which supports countries in designing and implementing country-driven, results-oriented and sustainable learning to address climate change. The UN CC:Learn Secretariat is provided by the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR). The UN CC: Learn Secretariat administers all funds raised through donations.
- Registered User: anyone who has a user account on UN CC:Learn websites.
- User: anyone who accesses and uses the UN CC:Learn websites.
Acceptance of the Agreement: When a Donor makes a Donation through the UN CC:Learn websites, the Donor acknowledges that has read and agreed to abide by the present TCU and PP as updated from time to time. If you do not agree to the present TCU and PP, you should not donate.
Terms and Conditions of Use
By donating to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat, you accept to support its mandate, i.e. the provision of climate change literacy to those most vulnerable, through:
- Developing more innovative climate change related courses;
- Delivering courses across multiple platforms;
- Translating courses into different languages;
- Assisting UN CC:Learn to reach more users in the most vulnerable countries;
- Increasing support to and help the online learners community, etc.
By donating to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat, the Donor accepts that the UN CC:Learn Secretariat is engaging the services of Stripe Payments Europe, Ltd. (“Stripe”) for the facilitation of card transactions, through a secured online payment system. All Donations are subject to the Stripe Services Agreement.
Declarations and Warranties
The Donor declares and warrants to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat that:
- They are 18 years of age or older;
- They have full legal right, power and capacity to make a Donation, to accept this Agreement and to perform their obligations hereunder;
- The Donation emanates from a lawful source, free of any liens or other encumbrances, and is freely available for disposition by the UN CC:Learn Secretariat upon receipt;
- They accept that the Donation is non-refundable.
Preservation of Privileges and Immunities
Nothing in or related to the TCU or the PP shall be deemed a waiver, expressed or implied, of any of the privileges and immunities of the United Nations, the Parties Members of UN CC:Learn or UNITAR under the terms of the 1946 Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations.
The UN CC:Learn Secretariat and Stripe respect your privacy. Stripe offers services that enable platforms to safely conduct online payment transactions.
Collection of Information
Data collected by the UN CC:Learn Secretariat are data provided by the Donor when making Donations to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat on the UN CC:Learn websites.
The following data are collected by the UN CC:Learn Secretariat and Stripe when Donations are made to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat on the UN CC:Learn websites:
- Donor’s Full name and email address
The following data are collected by Stripe when Donations are made to the UN CC:Learn Secretariat on the UN CC:Learn websites:
- Payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information) IP address, donation amount, and date of donation.
Use of Your Data
Use of Information
Personal information is collected by the UN CC:Learn Secretariat and Stripe and used for the following purposes:
Full name and email address:
- to send Donors confirmation of payments;
- to provide Donors with updates on latest UN CC:Learn developments supported by their donations;
Payment method information:
- when the Donor makes a donation through the UN CC:Learn websites, Stripe will receive the Donors’ transaction information to enable a secure online payment. The information that Stripe collects may include but is not limited to IP address, payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), donation amount, and date of donation.
Security of Information
Donor privacy is of utmost priority for the UN CC: Learn Secretariat. Procedural and technological measures are in place to protect User Personal Information. Such procedures protect the confidentiality of the Personal Information.
The Donor acknowledges that neither the execution nor the performance of this Agreement directly or indirectly creates (or will create) any liability or obligation by the UN CC:Learn Secretariat to the actions and services performed by Stripe.
The UN CC:Learn Secretariat protects all stored data from misuse and respects the rights of the data owners which are guaranteed by ensuring that the access, analysis or otherwise the purpose of use of information is consistent with our mandate.
The UN CC:Learn Secretariat may disclose your Personal Information only:
- if required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or otherwise in cooperation with an investigation of a governmental authority;
- to enforce the UN CC:Learn Secretariat Terms and Conditions of Use;
- to protect the safety of users of the UN CC:Learn Secretariat and its services.