e-Course on Data Analysis for Sustainable Development Planning
8 Jul 2019 to 19 Aug 2019 | Online
This is a self-paced course will be delivered from 15 July to 08 September. The course will be moderated asynchronously on a weekly basis and participants are required to participate in the weekly online discussions.
At the end of the course, participants will be appropriately equipped to collect and/or analyze data related to planning, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of sustainable development at the national, subregional and regional levels. Specifically, participants will be able to:
• Understand the National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (SNDS), its need for the development of a country and the production of quality data with best practices.
• Master data collection procedures and the use of the quality approach in data collection for greater efficiency.
• Identify mechanisms for monitoring the SDGs at the national and international levels and principles for developing indicators and indices.
• Use analytical methods and exploratory data analysis and statistical software tools to conduct such analyzes.
• Understand some basic assumptions tests using SPSS Statistics software.
• Understand principles and methods of time series analysis and use the E-Views software for analysis.
• Understand fundamental econometric methods and use software for analysis.
• Interpret statistical analysis results and write reports.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued by IDEP to all participants who successfully complete the course-related self-assessments presented for each module.
Applications must be completed exclusively on IDEP online application platform at https://www.unidep.org/?apply
Language(s): English and French