Circular Economy and the 2030 Agenda
11 May 2020 to 12 Jun 2020
This course will explore the application of Circular Economy (CE) practices in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Upon the successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the interconnection between Circular Economy approaches and its potential in implementing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
2. Explain the butterfly diagram of circularity through technical and biological cycles of products and resources and demonstrate its application in real-life cases;
3. Understand the opportunities to drive circular value across the life cycles of products and processes and examine business models that could support circularity;
4. Explore the policy environment that supports the successful application of circular strategies to cities and examine why citizens could play a crucial role in ensuring circularity;
5. Identify the barriers and enablers to mainstreaming circular strategies.
Organization(s): UN System Staff College