Upcoming Learning Events
27 Nov 2019 to 29 Nov 2019 | JEONJU, REPUBLIC OF KOREA
The theme of the 7th Regional Forum is “Financing for Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization”. The 7th Regional Forum aims to provide a platform to share knowledge, experiences and good practices related to the theme so that innovative approaches and solutions can be scaled up in the region and regional collaboration nurtured.
Course on Green Building and Construction: Pathway Towards Inclusive Growth and the Creation of Decent and Green Jobs
2 Dec 2019 to 6 Dec 2019 | Turin, Italy
This course contributes to a better understanding of how greening of the building and construction industry can lead to sustainable inclusive growth and the creation of green and decent jobs. It sheds light on the employment-related dimensions of the transition towards green building and construction. Topics addressed include skills requirements, working conditions, sustainable enterprise development.
10 Dec 2019 to 12 Dec 2019 | Vizag City, India
The Conference is being organised by UNESCO MGIEP with the State Government of Andhra Pradesh, India and aims at showcasing the role of digital technologies in enabling a shift from “transmissive pedagogies” to “transformative pedagogies” to create more peaceful and sustainable societies, in line with the UN SDG 4.7.
Potential participants are invited to send proposals for the following themes till August 31, 2019.
1. Theme 1: Transformative Pedagogies for Social and Emotional Learning
2. Theme 2: Reimagining Learning Spaces for Planetary Citizenship
3. Theme 3: Data, Learning and Education – the role of Artificial Intelligence
More details on the website here: https://mgiep.unesco.org/tech2019
Partner(s): State Government of Andhra Pradesh, India
8 Feb 2020 to 13 Feb 2020 | Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
This event provides the opportunity for participants involved in all aspects of urbanization to share practices and knowledge on how cities are built, planned and managed. Sessions on sustainable cities will be held during the Forum.
Current discussions have outlined the importance to address the following issues for further consideration:
- Innovative financing mechanisms for sustainable cities
- Innovative urban solutions in housing, mobility, planning, and governance
- Technology and data as enablers for sustainable cities
- Building human and social capital to build a sustainable urban future, with a special focus on youth and women
- Empowering cities as open investment platforms to harness an enabling business and regulatory environments
- The impact of migration on cities
For more information, access here.