Keeping abreast of the newest developments in climate change is essential to make timely, effective and sustainable decisions. Yet, adequate time and space for learning are rarely accessible for busy delegates, decision-makers and full-time working professional.
This is why we have developed the Climate Classroom - a mobile learning space that ‘pops up’ at the center of major climate change conferences and related events. The Climate Classroom offers focused 45-min learning sessions on highly relevant climate change topics delivered by select experts in English and French.
During each class, the lecturer and the 20 participants are equipped with noise-canceling headsets through which they will be able to follow the lecture and engage in discussion. A booklet with information on the lesson and links to additional learning resources is made available to all learners. Participants completing the sessions receive a UN CC:Learn pin and become part of the Alumni community.
Check out the list below and our calendar or events to see if a climate classroom will be popping up at your next conference.
Venue: World Conference Center Bonn, Plenary Building, Rhln Level
- Develop National Learning Strategies (Monday 17 June, 1pm)
- Introduction to National Adaptation Plans (Monday 17 June, 2.30pm)
- Innovation and Climate Change (Monday 17 June, 4pm)
- Climate and Health (Tuesday 18 June, 11am)
- Innovation and Climate Change (Tuesday 18 June, 4pm)
- Framework for Transformational Change (Wednesday 19 June, 11am)
- Decarbonization and Why It's Not Happening (Thursday 20, 11am)
- Local Stakeholder Engagement in Climate Finance (Thursday 20 June, 12.30pm)
- How Cheap Money Can Save the World (Thursday 20 June, 2pm)
- Framework for Transformational change (Thursday 20 June, 3.30pm)
- NDC Implementation and Knowledge Portal (Thursday 20 June, 4.30pm)
- Climate Finance and Commercial Banks (Friday 21 June, 11am)
- Climate Science Rationale for Adaptation (Friday 21 June, 12.30pm)
- Mitigation and Carbon Market Mechanisms (Friday 21 June, 2pm)
- Climate and Technology (Friday 21 June, 3.30pm)
Participation is free and open to anyone participating in SB50 on a first-come, first-served basis.
Katowice, Poland, WMO-IPCC Pavilion NR 3 Area H at COP24:
- Climate Services for Decision-Making (Tue, 4 Dec, 3pm)
- Skills Assessment for Adaptation (Wed 5 Dec, 1.15pm)
- Health and Climate Change (Thu 6 Dec, 10am)
- Climate Information to Optimize Renewable Energy Penetration (Thu 6 Dec, 11.30am)
- Decision-making for Water Resources Management (Thu 6 Dec, 1.15pm)
- Introduction to the Paris Agreement (Fri 7 Dec, 10am)
- Global Framework for Climate Services (GFCS) & Health (Sat 8 Dec, 3pm)
- Innovation for Climate Change (Tue 11 Dec, 11.30am)
- Improving Climate Services to Support NAP Implementation (Tue 11 Dec, 6.15pm)
- Experiences in Accessing Climate Finance (Wed 12 Dec, 4:30pm)
- Innovation for Climate Change (Thu 13 Dec, 11.30am)
- GFCS & Agriculture and Food Security (Thu 13 Dec, 4.30pm)
- Innovation for Climate Change (Fri 14 Dec, 11.00am) - GCF Pavilion
Participation is free and open to anyone participating in COP24 on a first-come, first-served basis.
NAP Expo 2018
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, at NAP Expo 2018:
Bonn, Germany, at COP23: Paris AgreementClimate FinanceClimate Change and JobsClimate Services for Decision-Making Circular EconomyAdaptationClimate Change and HealthClimate Empowerment
Marrakesh, Morocco, at COP22: