11 March 2013, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The National Council for Climate Change and Clean Development Mechanism (CNCCMDL) of the Government of the Dominican Republic has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the National Teacher Training Institute (INAFOCAM) to develop a Training Programme on Climate Change for Teachers. This initiative is part of the UN CC:Learn Partnership. The high-level event was also attended by teachers, and a representative of the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR).
- Adapt an existing UNESCO course on CCESD to the Dominican context;
- Organize a national pilot workshop to train trainers;
- Organize 10 regional workshops to train 400 teachers in 18 regions of the Dominican Republic;
- Follow-up on the implementation of CCESD in selected teacher training institutions;
- Implement an international exchange programme for teachers in collaboration with other Latin American countries.
About UN CC:Learn