This Forum aims to serve as a platform for promoting the discussion and exchange of experiences among stakeholders and provide the participants with the latest developments regarding emissions trading schemes, low emission development and the future of the carbon markets. The Forum also aims to facilitate debates around the international and national climate change mitigation policies to promote greenhouse gases (GHG) emission reductions. Participants at the Forum can expect to:
- Be updated on different views of challenges associated with global climate change and most recent developments in the international carbon market;
- Discuss with project developers and technical specialists about best practices and lessons learned for the implementation of Clean Development Mechanisms (CDM) projects in Latin America and the Caribbean region;
- Learn from experts on strategies and measures aimed to reduce GHG and to promote the benefits of the CDM in the region;
- Discuss about potentialities of carbon markets under upcoming mitigation efforts to be implemented at international and national levels;
- Learn on Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) and new market mechanisms; climate financing and green investments in Latin America and the Caribbean region;
- Hold bilateral meetings between national CDM offices, project owners and buyers of carbon credits; and;
- Seize opportunities to establish contacts throughout the Forum.