This e-learning course consists of seven modules presenting key concepts on saving energy through Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPCs) and providing opportunities to apply and discuss them. All modules use multimedia presentations and offer selected readings. Quizzes, research exercises and case studies help to broaden participants’ understanding of the topics in a proactive way. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- identify ESPC opportunities in the public sector in your country;
- define the overall procurement process for ESPCs in a public agency;
- document case studies on specific country experiences using the ESPC approach;
- identify how to address the key procurement issues related to the ESPC approach; and
- develop a “roadmap” for employing the ESPC approach and selecting energy service providers to implement energy efficiency projects in the public sector.