This forum aims to serve as a platform for knowledge-sharing on the latest developments in the carbon market and how the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and other mitigation mechanisms can be successful in Africa. By bringing together main actors and stakeholders from the carbon markets, it promotes matchmaking and deal facilitation sessions, where carbon project developers can showcase their projects to investors and carbon buyers. Participants at the Forum can expect to:
- Be updated on recent developments in the international carbon market and new challenges associated with global climate change;
- Participate in discussions between project developers and technical specialists in a wide range of sectors and technologies on best practices and lessons learned for the implementation of CDM projects in Africa
- Attend sessions with experts from the public and private sector on strategies and measures promoting the benefits of the CDM in Africa emphasizing the new Programmatic CDM approach;
- Be given opportunities to showcase CDM projects to private sector representatives; and
- Build networks and find partners throughout the Forum.